Certified Farmers' Market Annual Registration
- 3 CCR § 1392.2 Applicant must be a non-profit organization, a certified producer, or a local government agency.
- Applicant to complete form.
- For renewals, login to California Department of Food and Agriculture's Farmers' Market Admin to review or print application
We also require:
- A current copy of the certified farmers' market's rules and regulations
- Map of site
- Proof of non-profit status (if applicable)
- Copy of Certified Producers Certificate (if applicable)
- Permission to use site, if not the owner (i.e. signed documentation from owner)
The intent of the Certified Farmers' Market program is to enable growers to sell directly to the public under a controlled setting that assures that the products sold to the public in a Certified Farmers' Market are truly grown by the farmer. The program exempts the producer from standard containers and produce size requirements. Quality requirements are still required.
Numerous Certified Farmers' Markets also have other products and vendors associated with the market that truly makes it a community "event''. Approximately half of the markets run year round with the remainder operating from approximately April through October.